Kids Ministry Feedback
Hey Shallowford Family,
This past Sunday we had a meeting to get feedback on our kids ministry from parents and volunteers. Thank you for giving us your time and thoughts. It's encouraging to see God working to align us as we try to move in the same direction.
I'd like to share some next steps that we are working on right now.
First, Bob Mehaffey is helping us with curriculum and lesson planning. We're currently evaluating options for us to use in the new year. Please pray for us as we sort through all the options and land on something that works best for us.
Second, we are actively looking to fill the administrative needs within our kids ministry. The two biggest needs right now are classroom setup and volunteer coordination. We believe these could be filled with one paid position or multiple volunteers.
Would you pray with us for this need to be filled? If you know anyone who may be a good fit, or if you would be interested in helping with these things please let us know!
Last, it was wonderful to hear from so many of you on Sunday. Here are some of the key themes from our time together:
- Cohesive content throughout the church's ministry that works together between adults and kids
- Train and equip volunteers to build relationships, for simple structure, to be prepared and understanding the content
- Equip and come alongside parents so that daily discipleship in the home is complemented by our kids ministry content
- Pursue simplicity in our ministry structure because that is sustainable
- Find ways to build relationships throughout the church - We want parents, volunteers, Gospel Communities, and other ministries to be equipped to build relationships with and disciple kids.
Love you Shallowford!
More in Blog
February 9, 2023Who told you?
February 2, 2023Newsletter: February 2, 2023
December 8, 2022Kids Ministry Feedback